Thursday 22 January 2015

G4(W)OBK Road Trip





OBK road trip
22/01/2015

I was mobile early this morning heading towards Mynydd Uchaf GW/SW-031, not with the intention of activating but to meet up with Phil GW4OBK/p and Geoff 2W0NON/p who were on a four day SOTA road trip in South Wales. Within minutes of me arriving at the parking spot for the summit a call by Emyr MW6EWM/m on 2m informing me that he was on his way also. As Emyr arrived Mal GW6OVD called me to say he was also listening so it looked as if Phil and Geoff would quickly qualify the summit as I knew Don G0RQL would have his beam pointing our way. 
Geoff, Emyr, Phil, Allan
They soon arrived and after a brief chat and the customary photo session they made their way to the summit whilst Emyr and I had a cup of coffee and eventually a contact each when the activation got underway. Mal and Don quickly followed us and very soon Phil and Geoff were on their way down and on to the next summit.  Emyr and I stayed a while and eventually had  Mynydd y Betws GW/SW-028 in our logs. A very enjoyable morning as I picked them up on a further two summits on the way home :)

73 de Allan GW4VPX

No comments:

Post a Comment