Friday 11 December 2015

'Show and Tell' event


'Youngsters On The Air - show and tell' event 

10/12/2015

Last night along with Val and Roy GW6DGU I visited the Aberystwyth Amateur Radio Society’s ‘Youngsters On The Air –show and tell’ event. Taking along my SOTA gear I set up a table alongside the other displays set up by the members of the club. 
My SOTA (and WAB) stand
I must say that the various facets of Amateur radio were well represented and included excellent demonstrations of  HF and VHF operating, Data-modes, APRS,  Direction finding, Raynet, ‘How to become a Radio Amateur’ and of course SOTA. 
Great evening... pity the attendance was not great but the club can be very proud of the fact that they put on a fantastic display. They will also be using the callsign GW15YOTA during the month so give them a call if you hear them. The weather has been horrendous here in the UK but I do hope I'll be out on Sunday...seems to be a window of opportunity..fingers crossed.


73 Allan GW4VPX

No comments:

Post a Comment